Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One Big Relief and the Oddness of Life....

I awoke this morning and immediately checked www.loveachild.com for updates on the status of the orphanage that Clepson lives in. I was SO relieved to find that they have accepted the UN in to their compound and will be continuing their ministry as the UN uses the large property to set up a hospital and recovery tents for the wounded. It is a huge blessing to know that Sherry, Bobby, Bob and Carole and the children and staff will all have good security as the conditions in PAP worsen and many people take to the countryside.

Bobby and Sherry Burnette are two of the most optimistic people I have ever encountered. They are able to see God's blessings in the worst situations. When I received an email from Bobby that said they were living in Hell, I knew conditions were grim. I feared greatly for the safety of the people that I have come to know and love. As bad as the situation is on the news and as much as we all feel a great sadness, it is MUCH MUCH MUCH worse to know a child like Clepson is in the midst of such a huge tragedy. I worried for his safety, I worried for his health (and will continue to do so as disease spreads). To know that young, strong military men will be securing the perimeter of their compound is such a HUGE relief. Please go to the Love a Child website and read how six years ago it was predicted by their Haitian minister that this type of situation would happen.....

No comments: