Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Being a REALTOR

Why become a realtor?

After graduating from the University of Kansas with a degree in Psychology (Go Hawks!) I was at a total loss of what to do with my life. Apparently a bachelors degree in psych. qualifies you for approximately the same jobs you were qualified for PRIOR to going to college.

So I decided to go to law school.

After graduating with honors from law school and passing the bar in two states I practiced law for a few years. Law was fine, but I really don't enjoy idiots, arguing or spending endless hours in the library. So.....

I turned to my first love, horse training. Twenty years later, after competing on a national and international level, REALITY set in. Horse training is very tough on the body and doesn't produce a great income. My bulging disks demanded that I taper off my riding business if I wanted to keep competing as I enter the second half of my life.

So, I took some time and thought about what I love. I love where I live. I live in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. Bellingham, Washington is a college town on the west coast. We have the sound, the mountains and a couple wonderful, scenic lakes. The air quality and water quality are second to none. There is truly something for everyone.

I also love houses, decorating, and home improvement. I am a total HGTV addict! So real estate seemed like a great fit for me and it has been! I decided to blog to share my experiences in the REAL estate world.

No comments: