Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why Bellingham?

Why live in Bellingham? I have lived on the east coast (North Carolina) the midwest (Indiana, Kansas and Ohio) and thought I would never be a west coast gal. My husband had to literally drag me out here in the 80's for a visit. As we flew in to Seattle, I couldn't believe my eyes! This looked nothing like any place I had ever been. The GREEN-NESS of it all, the low lying clouds that look like smoke drifting around the mountains. The beautiful Puget Sound, the San Juan Islands.... it was a revelation to me. I loved it. We walked in the old growth Forest and the smell of cedar, the quiet beauty of it all, I knew this was the place for me. We have lived in Bellingham for 6 years now and I still am amazed by the beauty that surrounds me on a daily basis. Living in a college town with loads to do and access to Vancouver, B.C. and Seattle makes life interesting.

No comments: