Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Self-Less-Ness





We have had an incredible amount of snow over the last week. Living in Bellingham when it snows is a severe reality adjustment for those of us originally from back east where snow removal actually happens! People don't shovel their sidewalks and the city does not remove snow from the roads. Everyone just waits for the snow to melt....


AS I have had more time to surf the net due to being housebound, I decided I might need a new puppy. In a big burst of giving attitude, I decided to troll the rescue websites looking for a perfect pup. Giving a loving home to a sad pup seemed pretty selfless and giving to me...... THEN reality set in......My sister is one of the founders of the Medical Advocacy Team (MAT). MAT has been working hard to get two babies to the US for surgery before they die. They need to fundraise to pay for the flights. The smaller of the two children, Berlange, is only a few weeks old. He is in critical condition and may not survive the trip if it doesn't happen SOON. Uh, helping a dog seems a little self serving......I think my extra funds will go to help these poor children. If you want to join in, you can see their stories at http://www.medicaladvocacyteam.blogspot.com/

No comments: