Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!





Welcome 2009! May it be a year of change and fellowship. 2008 was a year of stress, pain, sadness, and loss. 2008 saw the passing of my Grandmother, my dear Collie RyRy and the horse of a lifetime Easy. 2008 was a frustrating year that had me searching for meaning amid chaos. It taught me that being a Realtor is more about being a friend and advisor than being a business-person. It taught me that I love advocating for my clients when the doodoo hits the fan (those lawyer genes crop up every now and again!) It taught me not to be an idiot with my own safety and health. I am hoping that these lessons are now learned and 2009 will see me enjoying the rewards instead of learning the lessons ;)


First on my agenda for 2009 is being more involved with my children and DH. Being emotionally accessible to them and not exhausting myself to the point that I tune them out! Second is to take care of my health and wellness. This is still a learning process. Third is to put my own horses training first. He is no longer a baby and needs time and attention on a daily basis. Fourth is to continue to give wholeheartedly to my clients (horse and realty!) There is no other way for me to conduct a business!


Hopefully 2009 will actually bring Clepson, the boy we are hosting from Haiti, to our home for his eye surgery. Hopefully Berlange, a sweet baby in Haiti that my sister will host, will make it to Austin for lifesaving surgery in the next few days. Hopefully little baby Minky will live a happy life with her family in Haiti when she returns in a few weeks. These are my HOPES for 2009.

No comments: