Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Today Noah and Zoe went back to school. This summer has been very chaotic and from the first day of vacation I thought I wouldn't be able to make it until they returned to school. Trying to juggle another child in the house with medical needs and working two jobs with summer fun isn't for the weak at heart! The experience of hosting a medical needs child has shown my entire family things they did not know about themselves. Since Zoe was born, Noah has felt that he would be much happier sharing his parents and home with a brother instead of a little sister. He learned this summer that he just isn't into sharing;) That brothers can be just as annoying as sisters. Zoe has become much more self sufficient. She has learned that having two brothers makes twice the fun and twice the teasing. She would like to never hear the words "Zoe be quiet" again. I have learned that maybe I am a strict parent. Maybe my expectations are high and that my children are really good people.

In July, our adult nephew and godchild (Danny) moved in with us too. We have had a full house and are so glad that Danny has found not one job but two and is working and saving to go back to school. Danny has been a lifesaver this summer in helping with childcare and making the adults schedules a little more flexible.


No comments: