Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Can we Camp in the Yard?

We have settled on taping Clepson's eye shut to keep the conformer in for now. His lower eyelid is s bit swollen still and refuses to do it's job keeping the conformer in place. Fabric medical tape and a band aid patch keep it in for a bit of time. Clepson has had some headaches for the last day or so, but so have I, so I think it is more of a summer virus then an eye thing.

I spent most of yesterday working, spending time with my Mom (who is visiting from a far-away state) and left Noah, Clepson and two of Sarah's boys with Danny, Sarah's 20 year old son in charge. Danny will be moving into our house tomorrow to get ready for returning to school full time. It will actually be a huge help to us to have another "adult" in the house this summer to help with the kids while they are out of school. Hopefully Danny can save some money and be ready to concentrate on his studies when school starts.

Noah decided that it would be fun to "camp in the yard" last night. He set up our tent and hauled blankets, sleeping bags and pillows out. This is a big tradition with my kids and Terry. They love to set up the tent and camp at home. Me, not so much! All the boys wanted to sleep in the tent initially. Clepson and Dom decided first that beds would be a better bet for sleeping and came inside. I went to bed at 10:00 with two boys still out in the tent. The remaining boys were on the couch this morning and Noah said his cousin woke up screaming and pulled the tent down!

Terry and my brother managed to summit Mt. Baker yesterday and will be on their way home today! I need a big break from work and kids and life, It would be nice to be ALONE for a few minutes and have time to relax without worrying that I am letting someone or something down with work or home.


1 comment:

Geografer said...

Hi Nina,
It's Shar Breshears from Love A Child. Thank you again for hosting Clepson and for making this such a positive for him.
My husband Larry, daughter Julie and I are on our way to Seattle today. On Tuesday(July 7)may we please visit with Clepson and your family? I promise we won't stay long. If yes please name the time. Please reply to sbreshears@tampabay.rr.com. Blessings, Shar