Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Clepson!

Excuse the grainy photo, it was taken on Terry's phone! Clepson had a "traditional American" birthday party at Chuckie Cheese. Clepson enjoyed the video games, cake, pizza and giant mouse (really a rat according to Zoe). Terry enjoyed the party more than the kids! It was a fun time and a great way to spend a hot Thursday afternoon. We were able to keep a "soccer" theme to the presents and Clepson was thrilled with his new soccer ball and clothes which will be entirely appropriate for his life at Love a Child. Sarah did get Clepson a cheap CD player and made a couple Christian Rock CD's for Clepson and a Micheal Jackson CD which he has desperately been wanting;)

According to Noah, Clepson thinks I am very strict.

I find this somewhat humorous as I am known as the total pushover parent of my family. I have been working really hard this summer to instill a sense of "we work hard for what we have" in both my own children and Clepson. Both Terry and I work very hard to provide for our family (which I believe is true for most U.S. families). I am dedicated to my clients (horse and house). Noah and Zoe are old enough to take on larger responsibility for chores around the house. Clepson is helping right along side them. Hopefully the biggest gift we have given Clepson is the realization that the U.S. is a wonderful place where you can achieve great things if you work REALLY hard! I hope he will return to Haiti with the determination to work hard and achieve great things. Clepson is a very bright and kind boy that has been given an incredible opportunity by the Love a Child organization to be a person of great influence in his own country.


1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Haven't heard for a bit as to how Clepson's eye is doing. Could you give us an update? Thanks