Tuesday, July 14, 2009

When Words Can Hurt...


reprinted from ourhaitianjourney.blogspot.com


Bean is still talking about IT.
The boy who was mean to her.
She tells the story over and over:
"And then the boy said I CAN'T WALK!"
She puts on her meanest face and shakes her head
from side to side when she says:
"Then the boy said- I can't walk!"
She talks about IT six or seven times a day.
We have tried to listen to her and tell her
that the boy wasn't being nice.
That the boy was stupid.
That the boy didn't know anything.
She said: "He needs to tell me sorry."
Each time she brings it up- my heart breaks.
Over and over.
Its terrible to know her innocent HUGE heart
so well and to see it hurt so much.
She is such a gentle soul and has the kindest heart.
Yesterday when the OT was here she said IT again.
"Ray- the boy said I can't walk!"
He had already heard the story and I don't
think he knew exactly what to say.
Lulu kindly replied to Angeline:
"Beanie- Mommy wants you to stop saying that."
Ugh.
I did say that I wanted her to stop saying IT.
But not quite in that way.
Angeline then replied:
"He hurt my feelings Lulu."
She started sobbing.
and large tears fell
She just wanted to hear
over and over again
all the love of
all the people who know
that she CAN walk.
I held her tight on the couch and told her
that she could talk about IT as much as
she wanted to. But that we know that the truth
is that she CAN walk.
Please pray for her little heart.
It still so fragile and hurting so badly.
And if you happen to see my Bean-
please tell her...
"You can walk!"

1 comment:

LAC Shar said...

Nina,
Under Bean's photo (we all cried and wanted justice from the mean boy's mother) check this line - reprinted from ouhaitianjourney.blogspot.com. It doesn't work and I think first word is supposed to be our. Tell Sara we are praying for her family and Isaac, Tell Clepson we love him. Thank you, Shar Breshears, Love A Child