Friday, June 19, 2009

Days with Clepson





Clepson has really settled in. He has been having some fun, some work and loads of together time with my kids. You can check out a fun story about Clepson on my sister's blog http://www.ourhaitianjourney.blogspot.com/! Clepson eagerly anticipates watching "So you think you can dance", my kids are not too into it. Clepson said, "Noah, come watch the dancing, it is so good!" Clepson also has an amazing affinity for soccer. We saw a game as I was flipping through the channels the other day and Clepson was right into it. We know nothing of soccer in this house, so it was fun to hear him say "good play" and know what was going on. Clepson went to play racquetball with Noah and Cole (one of the cousins) and loved it. He loves bike riding and singing Haitian songs for us.


I have promised a trip to the cinema soon and every day Clepson asks me about it. Unfortunately work and visits from relatives have prevented our making it to a matinee, so we will try again this weekend! We are going to watch "Night at the Museum" tonight and will try to go see "Night at the museum 2" this weekend. Noah had the bright idea to ask Clepson if he had been to a museum, the answer was "NO" so I guess that can go on our list too.


The local paper plans on doing a big story on Clepson. They will be at the surgery center with us and I want to be sure to give credit to everyone who has made Clepson's surgery possible. I am hopeful they will give links to Love a Child and the Medical Advocacy Team in the article as well as the surgery center and doctors involved. Any time I can let people know about Clepson's journey and hopefully make more journey's like his possible I will! The photo is of Sophie and Minky who came over last year from Haiti for Cleft Palate surgery! The Bellingham News paper did a wonderful story about it with super pictures.

No comments: