Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WHOA!



It struck me today, as it does from time to time, how unreal my life is. I have healthy children, a wonderful husband and work finding people new homes and training horses. I was out training horses today and brought Clepson along. Seeing the stables through his eyes made me stop and ponder. My average client has spent anywhere from $20,000 on up for a horse. They pay me hundreds a month in training and it costs them upwards of $400 a month to keep their horse stabled and fed.

Our horses are better fed than the average Haitian child. They get regular dental work and veterinary care. They have clean beds to sleep in and fresh, clean water. They wear special clothing to protect them from sun, cold, rain or flies. It is all a bit insane when you look at it form the outside in....

They have three horses at the Love a Child orphanage. Clepson said he sometimes gets to ride the horses.....but they kick and sometimes don't want to be ridden;) of course if I was a horse and 60 children wanted to ride me I might kick too! Clepson helped me brush the horses and watched while I rode my training horses and gave a lesson.

No comments: